Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Job Purpose and Impact
The Security Operations Center Analyst II will work as part of a team at the tier one level to monitor and defend against cyber threats to the organization's information technology infrastructure and assess security systems and measures for weaknesses and possible improvements. In this role, you will protect the organization's online and on premise infrastructure, monitor events from multiple technologies to identify suspicious activity and identify and mitigate risks before an incident occurs. You will review incident notifications, triage and execute runbooks and report their findings to senior team members.
- Monitor events and alerts from multiple technologies to detect malicious activity and report probable cyberattacks to senior analysts.
- Perform real time proactive security monitoring, detection and response to security events and incidents.
- Collaborate with the team to generate transfer of knowledge documentation for other analysts on duty to effectively remediate security incidents.
- Conduct moderately complex investigations of security events generated by the detection mechanisms and research their root cause.
- Utilize advanced network and host forensic tools to triage and scope an incident.
- Update the company's security systems regularly to avoid cyberattacks.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Administrative skills in various operating systems
- Knowledge of security related principles, techniques, technologies and their functions
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Industry recognized information security certifications
- Experience in scripting, analytics and automation
- Experience with security information and event management, email, network and host forensic tools
- Knowledge of various cyber attacks and hacker techniques
- Experience working in network defense, ethical hacking, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis and reverse engineering
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.