RTR Senior Financial Analyst - FIBI NA
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Analyst will build and maintain accounting policies and fiscal controls by using broad knowledge of accounting principles and practices. In this role, you will conduct complex accounting activities across a region, business or multisite group to build accurate financial documents, conduct analysis and manage and maintain risk following established compliance requirements and policies. You will prepare financial and risk reports and take appropriate actions to safeguard the organization's assets
- Apply accounting techniques and standard practices to classify and record financial transactions and prepare financial reports.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely position reports for commodity, foreign exchange, and/or counterparty risks to multiple partners, which could include trading, commercial, business leadership, Cargill Risk Committee and/or external regulators.
- Partner with the Controls and Process Improvement Accounting and Finance domains to craft and implement controlled processes.
- Assess and communicate information regarding business risks with functions across the organization.
- Estimate the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss.
- Identify and implement process simplification, standardization and automatization of financial and risk reporting to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- CA/CMA’s with a background in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 7-12 years of Accounting and Financial Reporting experience, skilled in US GAAP accounting, with minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in financial statement analysis, as well as presentation and communication of results to senior stakeholders (preferably gained in a captive shared services environment).
- A Continuous Improvement mindset, with proven track record of driving efficiency savings and effectiveness improvements.
- Possess a strong stakeholder partnering acumen and has proven influencing skills.
- High level of data and digital literacy, proven track record of being able to analyze and drive insight from large and complex data sets.
- Self-starter with curious mindset, strong analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experienced in SAP, or Oracle ERPs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Management of stakeholders in regional and global environment.
- Experience working in a FMCG, B2B, or commodity trading industry.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.