Supply Chain Management Trainee (m/f/d)
Launch your career engaging in meaningful work!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
Possible locations: Dusseldorf, Krefeld, Barby or Hamburg | Germany
What is the Supply Chain Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our Supply Chain function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
- Participating and leading different Supply Chain activities and projects and processes for the assigned region.
- Collaborating with other departments such as operations, finance, commercial, safety and quality.
- Conducting searches for process efficiency opportunities and delivering data driven recommendations.
- Analyzing Supply Chain Data and unexpected costs to identify root causes and define action plans.
- Identifying opportunities to optimize planned costs and any other cost saving activities.
- Innovating processes and suggesting digitalization improvements.
- Defining reporting needs and developing these reports.
- Learning on the job from experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor or Master degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Business Engineering, Economics or equivalent.
- Entry level work experience (up to 2 years) and/or an internship in relevant areas.
- Fluency in English and German.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to other Cargill locations in Germany as well as occasional work from another location for a few weeks/months.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Proven natural leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details. Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.